Friday, August 1, 2014

JBS Mercantile August Layouts

As of last night, the August kits are available at JBS Mercantile. All three of my kit layouts combine items from the Papercrafting kit and the Antiquarian kit, which, I discovered, complement each other beautifully.  This month's kit contents definitely fit JBS's "fresh vintage" aesthetic. 
A few of the items from the Antiquarian kit were wrapped in tissue paper, which I worked into the layers of this page. I love the added texture. The colors in the photos are so bright that they work better with a neutral background, but I was able to give everything a bit of a warm, summery glow by slipping a piece of red paper behind one of the tissue layers. 

The journaling is tucked behind the bottom layer, to the right. 
I think this is the third time this summer that I've included photos of shave ice on a layout.  No trip to the North Shore is complete without a stop at Matsumoto's, and it's impossible to avoid snapping a photo when something so colorful and delicious is right there in front of you. 

It's possible we were just there this afternoon.  We're addicts. 

On to the second layout: 

One of the items in the Antiquarian kit is a real treasure -- a vintage French novel.  I found that I treasured it even more once I had torn out a few of its pages to create the background for this layout. 

My daughter's friend drew this likeness of her, labeling it with uncanny accuracy to depict Z's style. The photo that I included demonstrates the sunglass and flannel fixation, but maybe this photo that Z shared with me today (taken in Russia!) will serve as more validation: 
I give you her favorite combo: tights and shorts (also, note the sunglasses on her head).  My husband doesn't understand this aspect of her personal style, but I get it. I was there when it all started. We were at a Shins concert, and Z couldn't get over the awesome Jessica Dobson, who happened not just to be wailing on the guitar, but also to be rocking a shorts-and-tights combo.  

Speaking of combos, my third layout shares some dog and human selfies (us-ies?). 
 
Putting this page together was just plain fun. Plus, I got a chance to use some of the ledger paper in the kits (there's quite a bit this month -- score!). 

I'm going to miss spending lazy summer days with this dude. She'll be fine, though. By the time she wakes up for the day, I'll likely be home from work. 

Be sure to check out more kit layouts in the design team gallery at JBS Mercantile. There'll be more added to the mid-month gallery as well.  

Thanks for visiting today! 

1 comment:

  1. very fun layouts! I'm envious of the way you rock so many paper layers!

    ReplyDelete