Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lately(ing)

This past week, I've been

...watching Guardians of the Galaxy. I've already seen it twice. It's actually pretty funny, and the soundtrack is awesome. It's not just background music, but an integral part of the film and its atmosphere.

...thinking about fairy tales, in preparation for a folklore and mythology class that I'll be teaching this semester. For some reason, this image keeps popping into my head. It speaks volumes.

...prepping school supplies, including these pretties, which I shared on the Crate Paper blog a few days ago.

...listening to my summer playlist. Most of the songs are attached to memorable moments from the past two months.
For instance, that Ariana Grande song was from the night my students got me to dance at a graduation party. I don't dance in public. It's not pretty. I still don't know how they pulled that off. They managed to get a bunch of teachers onto the dance floor, my uncoordinated self included. There were even photos taken, I later discovered. Behold:
To be honest, it was crazy good fun, though not exactly habit-forming (you're welcome).

...messing around with the Party Party app, which is designed for nutty people like me with nutty pets.

...sporting multi-colored fingers. I've been reconnecting with the wonder that is mist, as evidenced in my most recent October Afternoon layout.
...awaiting my daughter's return from Russia. I can't wait to see her again!

...looking forward to the week ahead. There's so much to do, with the new school year starting, but I'm filled with hope and anticipation of good things to come.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the image for your folklore/fairytale class! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops...folklore/mythology class! haha

      Delete
  2. I want to take your class!!! I'm still the same height I was in high school, think I'd pass? :)
    Is it bad that I'm not really preparing at all for the oncoming storms?? Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously would LOVE to be in your class! LOVE the updates--(playing major catch up after playing with the kids all summer!)

    ReplyDelete